Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

11W / MGO Switcheroo

+3 HS
zmoty9's picture
April 1, 2016 at 10:10am
35 Comments

I'm sure some on here are aware of the sports site Deadspin, which is largely operated by an all male staff and reports mostly on sports which is a generally all male endeavor (though they do occasionally report on women's sports as well).

Possibly less known by the commebtariat is that Deadspin has a sister site by the name of Jezebel which is a pop culture/fashion type site operated mostly, if not exclusively by women and reports almost exclusively on those topics as well as various other women's interests.

The two sites and their commenting communities are complete opposite end of the spectrum. But for April Fools, they're switching it up, so the Deadspin staff covers the Jezebel stories of women's interests and the Jezebel staff is covering the Deadspin stories of sports. The comments on both sites' introductory posts about what their doing alone have my cackling in my cube like a moron.

But this got me thinking: what if 11W and MGO did something similar? Could you imagine a morning where DJ starts off the day by posting whatever amounts for a Skull Session about Michigan topics over on MGO, filled with thinly veiled shots at the Wolvies? Or how about whatever clown they try to pass off as they're genius wordsmith of a generation trying to post a Ramzy-esque Situational, recommending bottom barrel bourbon to the refined palates of 11W?

I don't know if hilarity or chaos would occur. Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments