Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Oxycontin and me. OMG

+8 HS
allinosu's picture
April 1, 2016 at 8:13am
76 Comments

As many of you know I had hip replacement the 15th of March and things have gone well. Replacement on a Tuesday and out on that Thursday and ahead on my therapy, so things were going well. I exchanged oxycodone for hydrocodone two days after being home which were lower doses and three days ago decided to come off oxycontin cold turkey. It's a 12 hour pill and at the 16 hour mark right around 1AM I awoke in nine kinds of hip pain and overwhelming withdrawal symptoms. I spent two days mostly laying in bed hugging a pillow. There was no fight in the dog. My wife got on line and read story after story of people telling their horror story trying get away from that drug. Evidently I was lucky because I was only on it two weeks and it's grasp of changing the brain for more dependency would have been much worse. I wish I would have taken half doses a few days instead of cold turkey. All is good now and I'm back in strengthening but I'm sure some of you have you own story of this drug.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 76 Comments