Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

History Series "The Men Who Built America"

0 HS
awlinBrutus's picture
March 19, 2016 at 9:53am
86 Comments

I've watched the ones about JP Morgan and Vanderbilt. Saw the one about henry ford and Rockefeller yesterday. Ford really changed America for the good IMO more so then the others. He wanted the average family to be able to afford a car as well as wanting the automobile to be thought of as a every day tool. He didn't invent the assembly line he perfectedvit. He was given credit for standardizing the 40 work week and a livable wage. The turning point for him was winning the car race against the fastest guy at the time. Some automobile association had the patents on the automobile and were suing ford for royalties on his model A. Winning that lawsuit opened the door for ford and later for the model T to transform the new and developing american middle class. Roosevelt was such a force in fighting monopoly's of the time some of the big dogs got together in getting rid of him. They did that I believe by getting him elected as VP and getting him out of NY. Very interesting series and I highly recommend it.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 86 Comments