Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Considering a move to the 614- Oh Come Let's Sing Ohio's Praise

0 HS
0H-10's picture
March 18, 2016 at 1:23pm
80 Comments

I am considering taking a role in an organization in the Columbus-area. I have lived in Canada since 2000 and out-of-state since 1986. My wife and 15 year old daughter know little of this region of the world, but that “Papa & Grandpa went to school there” and the Buckeyes are there. They are researching to see if they want to live there. My sons have been to the Schott & the Shoe and are already sold on this.

I have used all my age-old ‘Columbus-area’ sales pitches, such as:

• Columbus is the home of the best college “of fair repute and spotless fame” -The Ohio State University,
  • Columbus hosts its own “fashion week”
  • that it is a cultural and geopolitical microcosm of the greatest State in the best nation in the world
  • and that there are few Michiganders there except for that one weekend in late November on alternate years.

Knowing, to a degree, my proficiency at BS, they are not taking my word for it.

11 Warriors, I am certain you can provide me with more effective tools in a banter-worthy thread; would you please offer, for my aid in persuasion, your best selling points regarding Columbus & Ohio? Oh, Come let's sing Ohio's praise!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 80 Comments