Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Anti-Time Change Thread

0 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture
March 10, 2016 at 6:53am
76 Comments

I get it. Back in the day, it had a purpose. But nowadays, most of the benefits that DST has in terms of energy are disputed anyways and farmers have lights on all of their equipment.  Who cares if it's light at 5am? I'm up then anyways. And if you can't sleep, there is modern technology like blinds and curtains to keep the light out. 

Obviously, anyone who thought this was a good idea didn't have young children, who are creatures of habit and routine. Bed times, meal times and nap times are all thrown off for a week or two. Kids who used to sleep until 6:30am, allowing their loving father to get some things done before they woke up, are now up at 5:30am, ready to disrupt the morning. 

I know I'm a few days early, but it's coming...

(side note, this isn't the thread for scientific reasons supporting DST, there are other websites for that)

EDIT-For the record, I'm FOR DST, but not the constant changing back and forth twice a year. The same thing happens when we move the clocks back in the fall. Then, the kids get up later and go to bed later for a week or two after the change.  I know daycare dreads it as well-it's a week or two of anarchy.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 76 Comments