Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Mod Pizza Restaurant Review

+3 HS
Potatodigger's picture
February 26, 2016 at 1:04pm
136 Comments

The food is good, but the atmosphere is a bit staid. And the employees are an interesting bunch.

• There was one guy who kept approaching my table wanting to discuss horticulture. Another insisting that I try his tailgating recipes ("Dude, I'm eating pizza right now."). And another insisting that I listen as he explains the difference between an aircraft carrier and a littoral combat ship.
  • There was an older gentleman who kept walking by each table reminding patrons not to discuss politics or religion (I think he may have been a former astronaut).
  • One employee was shutting down conversations left and right, but doing so in the nicest way possible. He almost made it feel like he was doing you a favor. I think he was from Seattle.
  • The guy parking cars out front looked just like Chic Harley, but something just didn't seem right. I got the impression that he would steal my car if given the opportunity.
  •  They must have been training a couple of new employees who clearly were not yet up to speed. One of them spent an inordinate amount of time in the bathroom huffing some kind of gas.
  • Finally, there was a sad old man who didn't work there, but just kept filling out and submitting applications. He would follow the wait staff around giving them compliments and desperately trying to make a solid impression. I wished him luck as I finished eating and left the restaurant.

Has anyone else been to Mod Pizza? What were your impressions?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 136 Comments