Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Tuesday Ramblings

0 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture
February 16, 2016 at 7:36am
82 Comments

Happy Tuesday, bros and broettes.  What a President’s Day weekend here in the DC Metro.  They called for 1-3 inches of snow Sunday night and we ended up getting 10 at my house.  I still came into work and I was one of two people in the entire building to show up. 

I purchased a new vehicle this weekend as well.  I had a 2014 Ford Focus but after the numerous transmission and clutch problems in it and the near death incident I had on Friday, I got rid of the piece of garbage.  Now YTown is a Volkswagen owner and I have to admit, I don’t know why I waited so long.  The new Jettas come with a turbo charged 1.4L engine and it moves pretty good for what it is.  The best feature of the car though has to be Apple CarPlay.  It literally has your phone screen in the dash and can use navigation from the phone.

The NBA All-Star weekend was a success, IMO.  I think the NBA has the best of all the All-Star events and the dunk contest didn’t disappoint like it usually does.  Gordon got hosed.  I am getting a bit tired of the Kobe farewell train.  Here’s to hoping the Cavs get it together and demolish the field.

I don’t really have a beer recommendation since I’ve cut back quite a bit in order to lose a few lbs.  Rather, I just drink bourbon lately and I’ve been on a Maker’s Mark kick.

YTown’s Tasty Jam of the Week is Down in a Hole by Alice in Chains, because AIC is badass.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 82 Comments