Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Bottom Feeders and Bass Guitar Fans

0 HS
RBurgundy4's picture
February 13, 2016 at 11:46pm
97 Comments

Earlier this week 11W member Whoa Nellie provided us with an excellent overview regarding bassist Cliff Burton.
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/anything-else/2016/02/67713/cliff-burton-metallica-birthday-timh

I'm bored as hell at the moment and thought it a good time to canvass members for your favorite bassists. For me and many others Geddy is a given and I'll get that out of the way from the start, but I get that not everyone is a Rush fan.

As a point of interest and conversation starter I will offer Flea. His work with RHCP is well known, but he's also collaborated with a pretty diverse array of musicians over the years, playing multiple instruments. It may not be common knowledge that Flea played bass on Alannis Morisette's first big hit in the mid-90's off of Jagged Little Pill, "You Oughta Know" (Dave Navarro played guitar as well). As a further point of interest, Taylor Hawkins from Foo Fighters was the touring drummer for Ms. Morisette during that period, tho he didnt play drums on the recording. Anyway...Flea, wrecking worlds...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 97 Comments