Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Cedar Point reportedly quietly removing its Shoot The Rapids water ride

0 HS
Defiance's picture
February 12, 2016 at 4:43pm
67 Comments

A park known for its extreme rides is quietly dismantling a popular water ride.

The Sandusky Register is reporting that Cedar Point is removing its Shoot the Rapids water ride.

The newspaper reports workers began dismantling the large ride this week although the park has not confirmed the move.

Now before all you wild and crazy water ride fanatics go getting all up in arms, wait until you hear what they're making room for.

“Our focus is on the construction of Valravn, our record-breaking dive coaster,” park spokesman Tony Clark told the Register. “We have not announced any changes regarding our current ride lineup.”

The Valravn is new record-breaking roller coaster to open later in 2016. When it opens it will claim 10 different world records, including tallest dive coaster, at 223 feet, fastest dive coaster, at 75 mph and longest dive coaster at 3,415 feet,

What other records will the Valravn break you ask, well look no further than this list right here:

RECORDS BROKEN

1. Tallest dive coaster: 223 feet.

2. Fastest dive coaster: 75 mph.

3. Longest dive coaster: 3,415 feet.

4. Most inversions on a diver coaster: 3.

5. Longest drop on a dive coaster: 214 feet.

6. Highest inversion on a dive coaster: 165 feet.

7. Most roller coasters taller than 200 feet at one amusement park: 5 (Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, Valravn, Wicked Twister, Magnum).

8. Most rides at one amusement park: 72.

9. Most steel roller coaster track at one amusement park: 52,125 feet (9.9 miles).

10. Most roller coaster track at one amusement park: 60,110 feet (11.4 miles).

Here's a link for the full story.

I can recall spending many a summer day walking the park and standing in those lines to ride every coaster I could sit my butt in, good times! It's been way too long since I've been to Cedar Point but maybe I'll have to take a trip and check out this newest coaster!!

Valravn opens to the public when Cedar Point begins its 2016 season in May.

With so many coasters to choose from, what's your favorite?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 67 Comments