Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Android & Apple Pay (and sometimes Samsung Pay)

0 HS
osu07asu10's picture
February 6, 2016 at 10:41am
32 Comments

Do any 11 dubbers use or have experience with any of the smartphone pay services? I have a Note 4 which I thought gave me the ability to use Android or Samsung, I found out it is only Android.

I generally push back against technology like this quite a bit but my buddy just got an iphone 6s+ and wanted to show off his NFC payment with Apple Pay by doing it at Lowes. I was blown away at how quick and easy it was and it can track transactions, provide alerts, it just seemed to make things simple.

Anyhow, I downloaded Android Pay and was all jazzed up to use it until I find out that my Chase Sapphire CC, Chase SW Rewards CC, and Chase Debit card (see the theme here...) do not support Android Pay. After checking the Chase website I find out they support Apple Pay, have their own shitty Chase Pay, and have plans to offer Android Pay support at some point in 2016. IE, I'm screwed.

Anyhow, I am going to get a CC with a supported bank and give it a shot because it seems like added value to me. What are everyone's thoughts and experiences?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 32 Comments