Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Afroduck- Are We Going Too Far?

0 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture
February 2, 2016 at 11:38am
82 Comments

As a 2014 graduate of The Ohio State University, I'm just as sad about the Afroduck news as anyone else. But, are we going too far? 

Why did so many more students attend a candlelight vigil for a duck than they did for Austin Singletary (OSU student who died in Mirror Lake accident)? There was a eulogy and everything for this duck, and even some of the marching band made an appearance at Mirror Lake last night. The news of this duck was spread nationwide all over snapchat, news articles, it was all over TV, and people from universities including TTUN and even Oregon (of course their mascot is a duck and they feel they lost a cousin) were sending their condolences. He now even has a shirt made for him. Singletary didn't get this much attention. Why does it look like we value the life of a duck more than we do a human life? Is it really because his death messed with a longstanding tradition? 

Someone enlighten me. 

R.I.P. Austin Singletary
R.I.P. Afroduck

Edit: Darron Lee must have read my post.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 82 Comments