Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Update from guy fired at 3:30 on a Friday in October

0 HS
ckennard22's picture
January 26, 2016 at 4:28pm
85 Comments

Many people on here asked me to update, so here it is. I hope everyone's day is going as well as mine has today! I posted a topic on here at the end of October of 2015 telling the story of how I had been pulled into a conference room on a Friday at 3:30 pm. Many people on this site offered their very kind, comforting words along with advice. Some went so far as to put me in contact with their companies, and others made it their mission to help me land a job. Every single word of encouragement, advice and help did not go unnoticed and is appreciated more than I could ever express. 

After months of searching, fighting to get my unemployment (because the company I previously worked for fought tooth and nail to keep me from getting benefits because they were Employment-At-Will), and working with Niblick (not sure he would want me to put his name on here, so I used his 11W screen name, instead) to help me target my job search and meet new people, I have accepted a job offer at a local company making insanely more money than I ever would have at my previous company. More importantly, it allows me to work in an industry I'm passionate about, and it provides a foot in the door at an excellent company that I can see myself staying with for a very long time.

This entire experience has been one of the toughest times of my life, where I went through periods of time feeling lower than I have ever felt at any time. But getting the offer today made it all worth it. This could not have been done without Niblick, and I couldn't thank him enough. 

Anyone going through a similar situation, just know it hurts like hell at first, and it hurts for a while. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and that light is brighter than any light you've ever seen before. You just have to keep grinding, and leave no stone unturned. Just remember that there is a plan for you, and most of the time it is different than the one you've laid out for yourself.

Thanks again to everyone for the support, and GO BUCKS!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 85 Comments