Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Shortest time on a job - Either quitting or getting fired...

0 HS
creekman's picture
January 19, 2016 at 9:24am
82 Comments

Summer of '86 after my first year at college, I went home for summer break and applied at a Pizza Hut that had just opened in my city.  When the store opened up, all of the new employees went through an extensive training week and then opened the store.  I showed up a few weeks after the grand opening and had on the job training.

I showed late morning and just shadowed a few different people,  I remember, I was supposed to get off at 4, but it got really busy and they asked if I could stay a little later to help out.  They asked me to make Priazzo dough, which I think was fairly new to Pizza Huts back then.  I remembered all the steps, combined the correct temperature water, the large bags of flour, bags of yeast and seasoning into the big industrial mixer...I was ready to go.

I lowered the mixer into the large stainless bowl and hit start.  Immediately I was covered in flour, the kitchen was covered in flour, flour floated into the dining area.  The mixer was on high, when it should have been on low.

Covered in flour, I had to get a broom and sweep everything, got out about and hour and a half later to a dead car battery.  Went back inside to call my parents, they weren't home, so I hiked it back to the house about 4 miles.

Never went back, still have my Pizza Hut apron..never went back to get my my paycheck for the day.  That day sucked

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 82 Comments