Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Parenting Questions

0 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture
January 13, 2016 at 12:36pm
195 Comments

I was reading the deadspin Funbag and came across something pretty interesting that I figured would be worth discussion here.  Plus is Wednesday, so I have to do something to detract from Earle.

Anywho...

Someone wrote in that they left their 15 month old child in the car for 2 minutes while running into the gas station and asked if it were acceptable. 

I was faced with this similar situation about two months ago.  I'm trying to get gas and the card reader isn't working.  My daughter was 16 months or so at the time and she's passed out in the carseat.  So I'm getting pissed off that it's not reading.  I drive the car to a different pump.  Still not reading.  It's only 50 something outside, so not hot and it's the afternoon.  My dog is also in the car with her.  I ran in for 60 seconds, paid the clerk 30 bucks for gas and came back out.

I believe this to be acceptable considering it wasn't hot, I could still see the car, it was locked, and the dog was there for added security.  I even explained this to my wife and she had no issue with it.

At what point is it unacceptable to do something like this?  Feel free to share experiences of people trying to tell you how to parent.

EDIT:  My brother in law also just had a baby and he and his wife say they're not going to have him vaccinated.  They're also vegans.  Anyways...I told him that if his kids weren't vaccinated then I wouldn't bring my kids around his.  Is that wrong?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 195 Comments