Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Funny Story & Choice of Beverage Tomorrow?

0 HS
Idaho Helga's picture
December 30, 2015 at 8:42pm
29 Comments

Tomorrow is (duh!) the day when we most like to imbibe and also when we will see how ESPN gets slapped to reality for scheduling the playoffs on said day.

Anyway, what ya got lined up for tomorrow for phood and dwink?

A quite amusing story from today.  Hubby isn't a big drinker, but does like a good beer here and there and his buddy (bored) who retired this year said "Hey, lets make a beer run to Missoula!"  Which is about 3 hours of I-90 from here.  The pass between has been closed several times lately with 14ft of snow, but  the road currently isn't too awful for Idaho.  When notified of this decision, I ask "How old are you? 57? He's 62 and you two idiots are going on a beer run? Drive very, very carefully, as you and he are both insane.  (Neither are risk takers, this was fairly outta left field.)

Oh, by the way, get me some amber or a hefeweizen."

Shortly after that,  I am talking to a client in San Francisco, he's retiring 1/1/16. Don't know how we got around to it, but I tell him about the crazy beer run my husband is on.  He says "I went to Glacier Nat'l Park and fell in love with a Pigs Ass Porter beer.  Can't get it here, brought some home"

Hubby & pal are going there specifically to get Pigs Ass Porter, only sold in MT we believe. 

Client busts out laughing.  "I'm going to call my buddy and tell him on my newly created bucket list, is a spring beer run.  From San Fran to Missoula"

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 29 Comments