Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Christmas Bonuses - question for people who get one

0 HS
steve-OH's picture
December 15, 2015 at 10:19am
61 Comments

So at my company we get a Christmas bonus, and as a sales representative it is my understanding that it gets calculated based upon performance + longevity with the company, but nobody is quite sure how that works or who all is involved.

This year after a very good performance, I was a little surprised to see my bonus go down. To lay out the facts, it went down by about 9-10%, however my sales numbers INCREASED by 20% this year. I had a great year last year, and followed up with an even better year this year. Also, the company had it's best sales year ever.

Obviously nobody really talks about their bonus amount (as they shouldn't) but I did ask a close buddy on the sales team if his went up or down and he said it went up by about 7% (he also had a very good year and has been here longer than me). 

All in all, I'm a little miffed about how it went down. Stay the same, maybe -- but not down, unless the overall bonus pool went down or something, who knows.

Has anyone ever been in a similar situation and asked about it to your superiors? If so, advice about how to do so would be appreciated. I'm sure I'm going to get a internet forum lecture by folks about being thankful for a bonus, spare me the time if you can.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 61 Comments