Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

The League - series finale on FX

0 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture
December 9, 2015 at 3:01pm
28 Comments

Tonight I say goodbye to one of my favorite comedies. The League was a show that originally masked itself as a fantasy football comedy but became much more. It was a show about a group of modern day buddies. It tackled adult friendship, relationships, parenthood, etc. At its heart, it used fantasy football as a backdrop to display how sports bond us together.

Coupled for a majority of its run with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the show was part of an excellent comedy block. During its 7 sevens, The League certainly deserves some credit for transforming fantasy football from geeky football talk to one of the most popular entertainment devices in America.

It gave us characters like Taco and Rafi, it allowed us to up the ante on insulting our friends especially when our friends dressed like Andre and introduced us to the lovely Jenny MacArthur.

espn.go.com has a great article - sort of a cast round-table discussion. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14320491

My reservations are booked for EBDBB&B for 10 PM tonight. Eskimo Brothers, join me in sending off The League.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments