Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Under the Fedora - It Is Well With My Soul

0 HS
Earle's picture
December 2, 2015 at 10:41am
160 Comments

Welcome to Under the Fedora, where it’s always on topic all the time.

Do it again

Well, another late November Saturday, another win against Michigan.  I have to say that it never gets old.  I’m still basking in the afterglow of the beatdown the Buckeyes put on the Wolverines in their place, and I won’t soon forget the images of their disheartened fans leaving the Big House in droves. I honestly don’t know if the Khaki Kid will bring That Team back or not, but it is safe to say (for now) that despite their fans delusions of grandeur, Michigan is definitely not back yet.  Not that I mind too much.  I would be happy to see the Buckeyes administer an annual spanking to that brat of a coach until the end of time.  I’m not even fussing about the CFP rankings and the Buckeyes’ eventual landing place in the playoffs, Pasadena, or Tempe, or who might or might not leave the team or the coaching staff.  What will be will be.  The Buckeyes have beaten Michigan again.  Life is good.  That one was for 1986, Jimmy.

Sparty Still Smarts

In spite of my generally positive disposition in light of the decisive win in Ann Arbor, there is a lingering sting from the loss to that other team up north that will likely not go away for a while.  It’s as much disappointment in how the Buckeyes lost as the loss itself, and my steadfast belief that the Buckeyes were the superior team.  I really think that if Ohio State played MSU 10 times, the Buckeyes would win at least eight of them.  That said, I think Sparty will put a hurting on Iowa in Indy.  I think that team is built to win late in the year in typical Tressel Dantonio fashion.  And I just don’t know about Iowa, I just don’t know.  It would be nice to have an undefeated B1G Champ in the playoffs (impact on the Buckeyes’ prospects notwithstanding), but I’m not sure Michigan State wouldn’t be a better representative of the conference.  I’ll be rooting for Dino and Sparty, regardless.

Playoffs?  Playoffs??!!

OSU would fare in the playoffs if they managed to sneak in somehow.  They haven’t been a great team all year, but I feel like they finally hit their stride against Michigan.  It sure would be nice to find out.  I think the chances are pretty remote, but Clemsoning is a thing for a reason, and I really like the fact that absolutely no one is giving Florida a chance against Alabama.  I know the Gators’ offense is putrid, but if you ask me if there is an outside shot of a disrespected Florida team knocking off an entitled Alabama one, I’m gonna say that stranger things have happened.  I’m nots sure I can say “Go Gators!” out loud, but I can definitely say “Go Not Alabama!”  I will say that I am very much looking forward to everything being settled and being able to stop all the Forum Madness and start looking forward to a real opponent.

Everything’s Coming Up Roses

It’s been a long time since the Buckeyes played in Pasadena.  There are much worse places to be in January.  Call me Old School (or just call me old—you have my permission in the comments), but the traditionalist in me would really enjoy a throwback Big Ten/PAC 10 matchup against Stanford in the Granddaddy of Them All.

Browns are Kickalicious

I have no words to describe the Browns’ latest loss in anything but factual terms.  The Browns lost a nationally televised game on Monday night to a terrible Ravens team, when after the third string second string quarterback of the future not named Johnny Manziel put the Browns in position to win the game, Baltimore blocked a potential game winning field goal attempt and returned it for a touchdown as time expired.  Only Nick Saban Browns fans could imagine a more unbelievable totally believable outcome.

TL;DR: Suck it, Harbaugh; Go Sparty; Go Gators Not Alabama; California Dreamin’; No more words.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 160 Comments