Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Weekly Workout Thread: TAKE THAT, DOCTOR SALLY WAXLER

Johnny Ginter's picture
November 29, 2015 at 5:21pm
18 Comments

this week is all about THERAPY (and broscience i guess). this week, discuss either:

• your therapeutic workout tips, such as stretches, warm-ups, etc that help you limber up before working out

OR, and i guess this possibly goes hand in hand,

• the worst (read: funniest) broscience you have ever been given or subjected to

In other words, let's help each other out, but you know, take it with a grain of salt. on the other hand, we do have some actual doctors/workout professionals who read 11W, so they probably know what they're talking about. my answers are as follows:

• foam rolling is criminally underutilized. it's not just good for your joints, it's a relaxing way to cool down that has actual scientific research backing it up. believe me, i know how hard it is to make time for it, but it honest to God works. here's a good video on what it entails. tennis or racquet balls work well too.
  • in college i was subjected to an extreme amount of broscience, but i think the best was when a dude tried to convince me that a seven day split with a day focused entirely on biceps (and one total for legs) was a good workout plan for a beginner. thankfully i now do a six day split with three days focused on bis and have 25 inch arms but unfortunately cant squat a pvc pipe

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments