Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Up In Smoke (Cigar Talk) - Michigan

0 HS
zmoty9's picture
November 29, 2015 at 4:30pm
20 Comments

Quick programmer's note: there was no Up In Smoke last week because there was no scotch and/or cigar last week thanks to the loss. As our generation's great philosophizer, Progressive's Flo, will tell you: scotch and cigar is for winners. (Even if I went through with it after the loss, it would have been Virginia Slims and Pabst Blue Ribbon on account of both seemingly fitting so well with the state of Michigan.)

National Quick Hitters:

- Always great to see the Domers go down last night. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pulling for the ol Cardinal.

- Fighting Hermans take the AAC West. Now they get to host Temple for the whole conference ball of wax next week in what is surely Herman's last game before moving to Athens, GA if you believe other threads on this site.

- Oklahoma is currently my odds on favorite for the natty.

Buckeyes Quick Hitters:

- I was really hoping Zeke answered every question in his post game media session by saying "I told you."

- Most of the team looked great yesterday and the win against the Michigan Pickle Squirters was just delightful.

- I'd be remiss if I didn't at least mention the student, Austin Singletary, who lost his life last week at the Mirror Lake jump. Condolences to his family.

This week's cigar is the Liga Privada No. 9 from Drew Estates. If you've not had one of these sticks, stop reading this very second and go light one up. I can't give much detail on the wrapper on account of a "private blend", hence Privada, used to make it. A full, wonderful smoke I enjoyed from the surprisingly not frozen tundra of Columbus.

This week's scotch was continuing through the Ron Swanson Special: Lagavulin 16.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments