Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Up In Smoke - Illinois

0 HS
zmoty9's picture
November 15, 2015 at 10:26am
18 Comments

Welcome back to Up in Smoke. As was the case last week, I'll touch on college football across the country, the Buckeyes, and this week's cigar and drink choice.

Quick Hitters Around the Country

- So long, Pac 12, and most especially Baylor. With Stanford and Utah both collecting loss number two, it's safe to say the left coast is done for the year. And Baylor suffered their first loss after actually playing someone. Kudos to Big Game Bob.

- Stop me if you've heard this before: a Tom Herman (MENSA!) team turned to their second string QB and still came out victorious. The Cougs are now sitting very pretty in the American with basically only Navy and the conference championship game between them and the New Years Six.

- Anyone else watch the Oklahoma/Baylor game last night when the Bears flat out faked an injury and Herbie reamed them over it? One DB was talking to another between plays, made a gesture for him to get down, and the other guy laid down and played injured.

Quick Hitters for the Buckeyes

- Another win for the young Buckeyes. The pundits and more critical of OSU fans will call it a struggling effort, but four scores is pretty solid (pretty sure that Abraham Lincoln guy made himself famous exclusively with something about four score).

- The offensive line was a little concerning yesterday. I'm hoping Slob Whisperer Ed adresses those concerns this week.

- We're finally allowed to talk about Michigan State after banging our heads into ten largely inconsequential opponents

In-Game Text of the Week

"Hey Michigan, our punter can handle a low snap and screw up as well. But he at least got the punt off."

Cigar and Drink Time

Another week, another victory smoke. This week, I went off the recommendation of the friendly Tinder Box employee who apparently ignored all of my preferences (e.g. Full bodied, likely Nicaraguan)  when he suggested the Eastern Standard The Cypress Double Toro. The cigar is a Dominican Churchill style stick with a hybrid dark Connecticut wrapper and a full-bodied smoke. Its draw was near perfect and the taste for the first half of the smoke was pretty good. Unfortunately, at just about the halfway mark, it started to develop a pretty unpleasant after taste which led me to call it an early night on the cigar. Hopefully I just got an outlier and that's not normal of the stick.

As for the drink, last week finished off my Balvenie, which meant I got to crack a new bottle this week. Enter the Lagavulin 16, a wonderful single malt made famous by the legend, Ron Swanson (no, not Alum). I, and other Dubbers, will always recommend this scotch, though it does require the consumer have a certain taste.

With that, I'll wrap up this week's post. This week's discussion topic:  what's you're preferred smoking location? Cigar bar, back porch, etc.?

Go Bucks. Make it 11.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments