Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

The Official Man-Bun Thread

0 HS
Codeezy's picture
November 3, 2015 at 7:20pm
49 Comments

That picture of Mickey Mitchell on the front page, (yeah, the one that made me double take thinking I finally made it onto 11w) sparked me to make a thread. As I read though the comments I noticed a lot of people making remarks about the "man-bun" and thought we should open a discussion. The man-bun is a trendy hairstyle for guys with long hair, that has gained a lot of attention as its popularity has increased. This, like every single fashion trend ever, will not last, but the opinions still resonate deep in some on the look. 

Seeing that 11w has an expert (yours truly) on man buns, I figure Id like to help some friendly conversation get rolling on it. Ive had long hair since it could grow, my parents liked the look and I never had it short with the exception of the boy band years, in which I was in middle school. After I graduated and entered the workforce, the man bun became a mode of function for me. The pony tail was never as comfortable or as clean looking to me. Ive worn a man bun, on and off, for about 10 years now. More so lately, as people either love it or hate it and I don't mind the attention. Plus the misses really digs the look, so I rock it. 

Among the underground, super secret, and ancient legion of long-haired men, the man bun is simply another tool in our smooth and seductive arsenal of badassery. So with this Id like to see what the masses have to say about it. I will add this though. 

PLEASE NOTE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN BUN AND A "TOP KNOT". This is important.

Above is a "top-knot". These are not man-buns, and while they have their place in the world of fashion, they don't go over well to someone who sports the real thing.

This is a man-bun. Bask in it, its glorious. By the way, you have a nice lawn!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 49 Comments