Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Have You Ever Had 5 Minutes of Total Surrealness?

0 HS
Buckeye1996's picture
October 29, 2015 at 10:44pm
120 Comments

This happened about 15 minutes ago (10:10 PM EST).

I am still in shock. Was driving toward a somewhat major intersection, and BAM!, two cars collide. One rolled over, and the other left in a mangled heap. 

One lady staggered out of her car, clearly disoriented. A few people started to attend to her. The other car was smoking badly, and I ran over to see the lady unconscious. The phucking car was upside down.

I banged on the window, and she woke up screaming bloody murder. I couldn't get the damn door open because is was locked (and damaged). I thought the car was going to burst into flames.

I yelled at her to unlock the door but she was in such extreme panic that she wasn't listening. I slid to the back door. It was unlocked but caved in. I had to jerk it a bunch of times to get it to open it slightly enough to squeeze in. I slid over and tried to unlock her door but couldn't find the button (it was one of those slide locks by the inside door handle).

I finally started screaming at her to unlock the phucking door. She did, and I yanked the door open and pulled her out to the side curb.

She was going crazy but finally started to calm down. I could hear sirens coming so I took a sigh of relief.

I shouldn't have because it didn't stop there.

Some phuck head thief came out of nowhere and snatched the purse of one of ladies that was helping the other girl.

Chaos broke out. The victim started screaming "he stole my purse!"

A couple of dudes in a pickup a few cars behind pulled up beside me and asked "where did he go?" I point and "right there he is, hoofing up the side of the state highway"

Well. The dudes ripped off in their truck to take chase with a couple of others on foot. A policeman pulled up almost at the exact time the dudes took off.

I yelled at the officer that some SOB ran off with that ladies purse. The officer ripped off, and a few seconds later here come three other police cars in hot pursuit.

Sirens blaring, firetrucks, ambulance, people screaming "Oh my God!", other screaming "He stole her purse", cars everywhere with two in a smoldering heap.

Total mayhem.

One of those moments in my life where I said to myself "what is wrong with people?" This can't be real.

*********************************UPDATE*****************

This is probably more therapeutic for me than anyone else.

I work with the crime analysis unit in the jurisdiction where both the accident and the robbery occurred so I know a few people, and I asked about the outcome.

The suspect was apprehended, and it looks like he is being charged with strong armed (edit: Strong arm?) robbery.

All the people involved in the accident will be OK as well.

I needed the closure.

NICE!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 120 Comments