Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Sunday Metal Shop - Motionless In White

0 HS
John Cooper's lucky pig's picture
October 25, 2015 at 5:39pm
30 Comments

Sunday Metal Shop received a telegram from avid reader and all-around metalhead BuckeyeCWRU. It read, “Hey, old man, how about a little something for the under 80 crowd in the next SMS? You suck. Go Buckeyes!”

The SMS has heard the cries of the damned and comes to you today from Scranton, Pennsylvania with the metalcore sounds of Motionless in White. MIW has been around since 2005 but they are news to me. They bring a nice blend of what you’d expect in metalcore – Cookie Monsteresque lyrics and heavy riffs punctuated with blast beats – along with some clean vocals and even Dio-like keyboards. The keyboards lend an atmospheric that separates them from some of their peers. If you can handle the vocals this a very talented band and one I’ll be spending more time listening to.

MIW has released three albums with the last, “Reincarnate”, coming in 2014. The band seems to have a sense of humor based on the content of some of their tracks and they’ve taken a few risks covering some well known songs. I'm sure I haven't heard all their covers but the ones I listened to they absolutely knocked it out of the park. I don’t know much more about this band so I’ll leave it to the commentariat to fill in the rest. Here’s “Reincarnate” off the album of the same name:

Cover of Metallica’s “My Friend of Misery”: 

“Santa’s Pissed” single: 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments