Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Is this out of line?

0 HS
buckzilla1's picture
October 10, 2015 at 1:09am
26 Comments

I went to pick up my dog "The Bean" a boston terrier at Camp Happy Hound the other day. As I pulled up to the front of CHH, I see there is a car with Ohio State Alum license plate holder and all kinds of OSU stickers all over the back of the car. Now being in North Carolina, It is rare to see fellow Buckeye supporters and moreover, to have a fellow Buckeye that brings their dog to the same doggy day care as I bring The Bean. So as I get out of my car, I am looking forward to meeting this fellow supporter and in my mind, Hang on Sloopy seems to be the best intro song to sing as I enter the establishment to hopefully enlighten the day of a fellow Buckeye.

As I walk into CHH, I am singing Hang on Sloopy and smiling as I am singing it, the owner of the daycare looks my way and smiles. Encouraged by the accepted smile, I see the only other person in CHH is a man and he is receiving his 2 dogs at the counter. I looked at him and he has the pure look of distain on his face as I am singing. I stop singing and said to the man, How ya think our Buckeyes are going to do this weekend? The man looks at me and said, I hate the Buckeyes. I said back to him, well why all of the OSU stuff on your car? He said that it is his wife's car and that he graduated from Penn State. Quickly and without thorough thought, I responded, Oh, no wonder your butt hurt. So was I wrong? On so many levels I could have taken the high road and normally would have if say he was a graduate of another University but it just came out and I couldn't stop it. I never wanted to be one of "those fans" that haters can point to as "those fans" but he was an ass and he is a grad of Penn State.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 26 Comments