Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Sales Frustrations

0 HS
steve-OH's picture
September 29, 2015 at 10:31am
109 Comments

Gotta vent...

Working in sales can be a rewarding and extremely frustrating gig at the same time. All the special incentives, bonuses and commissions are great, but they are also great at stressing you out. I can only control so much, and when large chunks of money depend on a customer's timeliness of actions, it really can suck sometimes.

This month we were given a certain number to hit and a certain number of new proposals, to obtain an extra bonus, a hefty bonus at that. Heading into the month, it looked like I would surpass this number easily, I was in a great position. Then little by little, customers start sitting on contracts, some of these customers are repeat customers too, which I have a prior relationship with. One particular customer with 2 contracts (the number I need), has had these for 3 weeks, and it sounds like they won't get to me until the end of the week, rather than by tomorrow.

I've had an extremely good year, I'm on pace to double my quota for the year, but stuff like this is an extremely frustrating thing.

I'm sure some of you guys are in sales and can probably relate...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 109 Comments