Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Tuesday Ramblings and Beer of the Week

0 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture
September 29, 2015 at 7:36am
89 Comments

Welcome to another edition of Tuesday Ramblings.  For those of you who are unfamiliar, this segment is where I get on my soapbox and say whatever I want.  It’s also a segment every Tuesday where you can talk about whatever the hell you want.

My flask arrived yesterday and Mrs. YTown asked how I got it.  Yeah, I still hadn’t told her about 12W.  Even though I used my own “fun money” account I still felt the need to omit that I had spent 85 dollars on a website.  Well I told her about it last night and she acknowledged that without this site I wouldn’t be at all connected to home.  I have a strange feeling though, that this one is going to come up again one of these days and it won’t be in my favor.

With only two days of September left it’s time to submit those September Heisman ballots and choose your all SEC playoff bracket.  As of right now, Leonard Fournette is obviously our September Heisman winner and my Top 4 in order: Ole Miss, LSU, Texas A&M, and Florida. (Suck it, Skip Bayless!)  The Big Ten has not yet been eliminated from the playoff.  It is September 29th. (Suck it, Clay Travis!)

Our beloved Buckeyes looked a bit better, offensively at least, last week.  Cardale had damn near all day to throw the football and Zeke had some nice holes to run through.  It appears to me that the offensive line is getting back on track and that’s a bad thing for everyone else on the schedule.  I was a little confused at Cardale underthrowing deep balls.  It looked to me that he severely underestimates the speed of his WRs but that will come with time.  The good thing is that the deep balls were there and the Ohio State WRs beat their defenders multiple times.

I’m not willing to dethrone the Silver Bullets after last week.  Their performance against the run was abysmal and it definitely felt as though WMU ran for a lot more than 169 yards.  The Bullets did only surrender 169 passing yards as well and against an NFL caliber receiver and a potent air attack in general, so there’s that.

I feel bad for Indiana, because they’re about to get annihilated on Saturday.

The Beer of the Week for this week is Allagash’s Curieux Ale.  It’s a Tripel Ale that’s aged in Jim Beam bourbon barrels and its f*cking delicious.  It’s not to be taken lightly, though.  With an ABV of 11%, you shouldn’t even consider getting behind the wheel after one of these.  I had one last week at a local bistro and reaffirmed my position that it is the greatest beer I’ve ever had.

Keep it real, homies.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 89 Comments