Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Home Brewing

0 HS
SlumLord6973's picture
September 22, 2015 at 6:30pm
47 Comments

I just bottled my first home brew today. I must admit I'm pretty excited about it. In two weeks I am going to have a beer that I made. 

I brewed a unfiltered wheat. I tasted it today as I was bottling and I gotta admit it tasted pretty damned good. Had a nice malty body to it with a nice sweet finish. I'm not big on hoppy flavor so it was pretty good for me. It was flat and warm so not optimal but if that is any indicator, in two weeks when its had some time to digest that priming sugar and cool down in the fridge, its going to be awesome. 

Any of you brew your own beer? I was shocked at how cheap it was once your up front stuff had been purchased. 

I want to do a sparkling honey mead down the road. I really enjoy it as does my wife. We have an apple and pear tree in our yard. Cider would be cool to brew up and use all those apples and pears I throw away from off the ground. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments