Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

What attitude should fans demonstrate towards our teams success? And does it matter?

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
September 8, 2015 at 9:53pm
58 Comments

I was just wondering about this today, and I tend to worry sometimes. With ESPN basically becoming the OSU network recently, and analysts praising us, and stars tweeting about our exploits, what is our responsibility as fans towards our teams success.  Everyone gets a little cocky, but should we try and maintain an attitude of humility knowing that success can be very fragile, and that any team under the right circumstances can beat any other team?

I don't think that us being cocky or gloating occasionally influences the game, or at least I would hope not. I would think fans can brag as long as the players remain focused and don't become complacent.  I am sure that Urban will do everything in his power to ensure that his players stay hungry and humble yet confident. Is it okay for us as fans to gloat and predict curb stompings of our next opponents or should we always be aware that anything can happen? I just don't want to screw up our ju ju by getting a big head.  Just wanted your guys thoughts and insight.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 58 Comments