Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Fantasy Football Screw Job

0 HS
osu07asu10's picture
September 1, 2015 at 9:35am
67 Comments

For all of you fantasy football dubteers out there, I'd like your take on the screw job that was put on me by my long-time league. Been in this league going on a decade now and the rules have mostly stayed the same although we have have added an additional WR spot and shortened the bench to increase activity over the years. It is a 10 man league with 7 of us being a core from the beginning.

We have some convoluted keeper rules and my best options were Brees, D. Murray, and yes, El Guapo. 

15 minutes before the draft, yes, 15 minutes, my best friend suggests we make TEs flex eligible (he kept Gronk) and I objected sarcastically saying we would have to push the draft back weeks so I could rethink my strategy. I get outvoted 9-1 and TEs are now flex eligible.

Because we keep 3 players and the draft is highly diluted, I decide to use this to my advantage. I go on to draft J. Graham, J. Witten, and K. Rudolph. I also drafted A. Foster. So my plan was to use D. Williams for 2 weeks, and then push J. Graham into the flex until Foster returns, and then pawn off Witten/Rudolph for bye week depth.

Sounds great? Until today, the commissioner informs the league that Yahoo won't let him change the settings, and we'll just do it next year.

I find this unacceptable. Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 67 Comments