Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

South Florida Buckeye's Tropical Storm Erica

0 HS
awlinBrutus's picture
August 28, 2015 at 6:28am
18 Comments

being a roofing contractor you would think I would be glad to have a storm impact south florida. the thing is I live on the beach and just about every storm they have mandatory evacuation of low lying areas right off the bat. I'm on the 28th floor in a condo. the bright side to my area is we are one block from a firehouse, so our power will be back up within 8 hours. always good to live close to a school, hospital,police station etc etc for the priority of the power grid. during Frances in 05 I believe, I lived in Loxahatchee and went 18 days without power. I had a generator for everything except my A/C, so I guess it could have been worse. this storm looks to be to small to make a major impact like smaller storms have in the past. the building codes have been upgrading as well as the inspectors. no drive by inspections anymore. may have to stay with friends in Loxahatchee if we are indeed evacuated. now if it was a category 3 and up than i'd be rolling work wise. little storms are just a major inconvenience and a lot of rain. just wondering how my fellow buckeye's are doing for storm prep. out of state power crews are already here. saw Pike rolling in about 20 trucks Wednesday night. F Erica!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments