Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

AKC Questions

0 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture
August 25, 2015 at 8:29pm
40 Comments

I'll start by saying that the American Kennel Club is a pain in the ass to deal with.  I have numerous certificates and a pedigree record for my Golden and for some reason he exists but doesn't exist in their database.

My wife's ex got him for her a week before they split over four years ago and I think his being a douchebag has a little something to do with this.  I digress.

Does anyone know the process for transferring from owner to owner and/or renaming him in the AKC database?

Also, we are going to have him bred and if anyone is familiar with the process of this that would be great.

The dam that has selected my Buddy doesn't seem to know the process of actually registering them and it's kind of alarming.

How much should I charge for a stud fee if I'm not taking pick of the litter?  What have others paid for Golden Retrievers?  I'm fairly clueless on this stuff so any info would be beneficial.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 40 Comments