Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Don't Botch the Game Watch

0 HS
FalcotoyourMartel's picture
August 14, 2015 at 12:05pm
24 Comments

Just like the majority out there, my Buckeye Saturday's are sacred.  Where to watch the game is more important to me than the name of my future first born most weeks.  Being in NYC gives me plenty of choices from the nearly half a dozen buckeye bars to the multitude of sports spots to soak up suds.  

I usually land on a split level bar on the upper east side where true buckeye fans reserve the penthouse and the general public takes the ground floor.  The food is decent but over priced (even for NYC) and the beer is, well, beer.  I am surrounded by scarlet and grayers and am treated to TBDBITL greats over the PA after scores and game breaks.  The atmosphere is great but the bar continues to try and screw it up.  The price parabola is bad enough but the crowd has been waning, they no longer take reservations for legacies and the most egregious faux pas last year, they booked a kid's birthday party (in a bar?!?) for the B1G Championship game because it "wasn't on the schedule." This could be the last straw.

I need a bit of advice.  Do I buck up and continue to watch the decline or move on to more Scarlet pastures? What makes a good game watch bar for you?  What to you  have for me 11W?  

Truths, trolls and tangents welcome.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments