Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Remy

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture
August 14, 2015 at 3:32am
101 Comments

***If you're not sure why I made the thread title "Remy" this doesnt really concern you, so if you don't mind click on the 11w logo on the top left corner of your screen. Im only making a thread on this because Im afraid the people I want to see it won't check back in the thread because tmw is #24.

First and foremost, Remy, I sincerely apologize for my words in the last thread, but I stand by my point, and I'll explain. I feel like like I may have exaggerated my point, or my words got lost in translation...but it's probably a combination of both on top of another instance of which Bassdropper should have just kept his mouth shut. 

You, see I hold Remy to the highest standard. It wasn't too long ago that I posted that Remy should be on the 11w payroll, and whether he has that title or not I consider him an 11w writer...Im sure most do. As good as his blogs and contributions are, I always feel a little uneasy when I see ANYBODY be the first to comment on their own post. I feel like it dilutes the content, and I begin to question if they only made that post to collect up votes. This is newbie stuff. I always wonder if we were allowed to vote on staff's posts if Birm, DJ, or Ramzy would ever be the first to comment on their articles to receive up votes. I hold Remy to the same standard as those guys. Some of the responses in that thread made me realize a few things and I would like to take a second to address those since I will no longer be posting here anymore. 

OSU07ASU10: And you are. I didn't throw your past in your face I used it as an example of the compassion these "message board posters" showed you, and we still will..........EDIT: that forum post doesn't define you on these boards at all. I appreciate your unique stance on things and the banter you bring but sometimes it goes too far.

I realized something in the past 5 hours. I don't think of you guys as real people with real feelings, all I see is "OSU07ASU10" with an avatar next to your name. That's a "me problem", not yours. The only other message board I have ever posted on in my life was on Hineygate back in day, and if anyone knows anything about that board people are getting called idiots on every other post. It's kind of like survival of the fittest over there. I came here to get away from that, and in the process I think I inadvertently brought that behavior over here...and after 3 years on this site, Im just realizing it. Once again, a me problem, not yours.

I do feel like my post that I made a few months ago does define me here. Since I have made it, I have been reminded on several occasions that "I was supposed to do a certain thing in July" I won't elaborate on that any further. But every time someone has a disagreement with me that post gets brought up, and JohnBlairBuckeye (or whatever his name is) is one of the people who does it most frequently. Never see anybody call him or the others out. That post will stay with me on this site forever and that is why it is best that I never post here again. 

Apack614:Bass, all I can say is sometimes no matter how you feel about something (i.e. Remy's post) you just keep it to yourself. What if Remy had a bad day and needed a little positive feedback from us to feel better? I have a feeling Remy wouldn't do this to you, actually, I know Remy wouldn't belittle you like this.

Reading this post is what made me come to my senses and realize that you guys are people and not just message board posters. I never realized that my words on a message board could have that affect on someone. Sure, I've been frustrated on this board before, but I've never thought about anything on this board after I leave this website....and you are 1000% right, Remy would never call me out on any of my flaws, and for that I feel like a complete and total message board bully. 

CalPoppy: If you only respect a couple people on these boards, then you need to reconsider the word. I fail to see how the majority of commenters ever mistreated you.

As I mentioned above I've only seen the majority of these posters as, well, posters. And I feel like respect may have been a bad word choice for me.."like" would have probably been a better one. Once again a "me problem." I would be remised if I didn't mention that there are a few others that I left out like Hov to just name one. These are the people that I actually take the time memorize what they are saying or make a point to read their post in a thread...I usually just keep scrolling and never pay attention to usernames (I could probably only name a total of 10 usernames on this board, to be honest...if that). 

One last thing before I peace out. I want people to realize that BassDropper is not who I am in real life. People probably think I am some asshole troll in real life who tries to disagree with everything and call people out all the time. Couldn't be further from the truth. I think of Bassdropper as an alter ego where I can go online to vent and ask people for advice. I have a bunch of friends, but only 3 are as passionate about OSU as I am, and our schedules don't line up like they used to, so Im not getting in to these healthy debates regarding OSU as much as I used to...so I brought it here.  So thank you for putting up with me over the past 3 years, and Go Bucks.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 101 Comments