Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Just a little tribute...

0 HS
southbay's picture
August 1, 2015 at 5:38pm
10 Comments

...to a special man who passed very recently, whom I'd known for a long time, but never as well as I wish I had.

I can't honestly say he was a friend.  He was "just" a neighbor, but a damn good one.  He was quiet and mostly kept to himself, and I didn't even see him outside his house very often, but he was always watching out for everyone else in our neighborhood. 

He and I were very different, and if we hadn't been neighbors I almost certainly would not ever have known him at all.  At his funeral, it was said that many of the women in our community said they wished their husbands were more like him, and I have no doubt that was true.  None at all.

I do wish I was that lucky guy.  Although, in some ways I am, and for those I am very grateful.

(Anyway, please give it a listen, it's short but a great song, I think most everyone will agree.  That is, unless that thing inside your chest that is nestled between your lungs is something that might be of interest to a geologist.  If you get my meaning.)

Thanks

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments