Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Are Ohio State football night games the biggest parties in the state?

0 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture
July 27, 2015 at 8:23am
46 Comments

100,000 people gather to watch the game after 8:00pm, over 100,000 people tailgate around the stadium hours before hand, 1,000's of students in their off campus housing, with friends from out of town, 1,000's of students in their campus housing....is an Ohio Stae football night game the biggest and best party atmospheres the Buckeye state has to offer?

other candidates:

Ohio University's Halloween weekend- it's been years ago,since I've been there, but at the time Court Street getting blocked off and all the costumes made it fun, huge drunk fest.....just not as many people or as age diverse as OSU football game.

Mohican Cabrewing- all the campgrounds along the river and the 1,000's of people canoeing,rafting,and tubing make it a great time

Put-in-Bay- bars, boats, bikinis, bachelorette parties....a lot going on for a condensed area and a small police force

Brown/Bengals football game- been to a few Browns games (never to Bengals), IMO, the NFL tailgate experience just isn't as good as a Buckeye game....not as many young fans, NFL fans don't seem as relaxed as your average Buckeye fans around the tailgate

There are biker parties Wetzel (sp?) and I believe in Chillicothe, but have never been, so I don't know, the stories I've heard sound pretty crazy.

so, is there any party experience in Ohio that tops an Ohio State football Night game?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 46 Comments