Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Need some advice on good hiking trails in and near Ohio.

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
July 14, 2015 at 6:24pm
63 Comments

Since I am only able to jog short distances, for some of my exercise I've started hiking.  Right now I've just been going to the Denison Bioreserve in Granville because it is close by. If I hike the entire loop it ends up at about 5 miles and takes a few hours. Sometimes I'll walk on local tracks so I can track my mileage better.

I live 30 miles or so North East of Columbus in Licking County and am looking for hiking trails that would be worth taking a trip to. I would be willing to make a day of it on the weekend if there are trails within a couple hours of me. Heck I would even consider West Virginia if it was worth it for a day.

Would you guys have any advice as to what trails to hike in and near Ohio? Hopefully, I can find trails that I can follow fairly well without getting lost in the middle of nowhere. I'd be happy with a trail that is a couple hours or more, that is marked and has maps available. I'd consider even longer hikes that are 3 or 4 hours long as well. Something that I'd only need to bring a few bottles of water and a snack or more in a small backpack would be great. 

I'm trying to read up on Black Hand Gorge here in Licking County so if anyone has any advice on it like to where to park etc, what to wear/bring would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to everyone's advice. Thanks in advance!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 63 Comments