Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Ugh, stuck on I68

0 HS
fromOHinMD's picture
July 2, 2015 at 2:32pm
51 Comments

So, on my way to Ohio from Baltimore for the holiday and of course the car breaks down.  Was running great and all of a sudden lost all acceleration.  Never shut off though.  I'm pretty handy when it comes to nuts and bolts but the electronics of these new cars is beyond me. So, now I'm waiting for a tow truck...

So, before the podunk garage screws me over I thought I'd use this friendly network for some advice.  If you know about this stuff ease offer suggestions if you can so I can go in to the garage armed with some knowledge...

details:

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 2.5L 6-speed manual tranny.

was cruising along (with the cruise control on) at about 75mph when it went haywire.

Car just lost all power but did not shut off.  Went to idle and stayed there.  Pushing the gas had no effect on the rpm of the engine

cruise control "SET" light started blinking.

also, when I tried to shut off the car the car would not shut off even with the key out of the ignition.  Had to stall it to get it to shut off.  Started right up after that but I had to stall it again to get it turned off.

electronics won't shut off either.  Had to pull the negative cable off the battery so the fan and other doodads wouldn't kill the battery.

check engine light is on but it's always on.  Any thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 51 Comments