Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

mgoblog: The Harbaugh Radio Effect

Matt Gutridge's picture
July 1, 2015 at 1:40pm
50 Comments

The news media are, for the most part, the bringers of bad news... and it's not entirely the media's fault, bad news gets higher ratings and sells more papers than good news.

~ Peter McWilliams

With that said, the members of a certain website for That Team are trying to diffuse the situation. Below you will find some of the gems so you don't have to read 345+ posts.  I do not correct any grammatical or spelling errors.

What's not to love?

What's not to love?

DEFENDING / LOVING HARBAUGH

Chaz_Smash

I'm telling you, Harbaugh is a socia media genius. Whether it's taking off his shirt or trolling that OSU assistant coach, he finds a way to stay in the news. What's the better way to attract attention, by kissing up to a blowhard radio host or giving him the worst interview ever? Harbaugh wins again.

MLaw06

Thought Harbaugh was awesome!  Cowherd kept fishing and fishing and Harbaugh was like, nope, not even going to pretend to like you!

mrkid

Harbaugh is the best. Cowherd is the worst and Harbaugh gave him nothing. The ultimate troll, that Harbaugh. In my heart Harbaugh knew all the crap Cowherd said and he was paying him back with a real bad interview.

Of course Cowherd goes to "If I'm an 18 yr old kid, I'd pick Urban after that!". Cowherd is the worst.

brewandbluesaturdays

I am convinced Harbaugh went on the air with the intention of trolling Cowherd for hating the idea of Harbaugh to Michigan. 

BJNavarre

This is just part of what we get with Harbaugh. He's going to be an unreasonable dick sometimes, though I don't particularly care if he's only an ass to the Cowherd's of the world.

Harbaugh can only "catch" on to simple questions.

Harbaugh can only "catch" on to simple questions.

charblue

First off, Harbaugh never sounds great when he's interviewed. It doesn't matter whether its local or national media talking to him, because he knows whatever answers he gives will be reinterpreted for whatever purpose that he can't control.
[...]
And what's more, he confused Harbaugh with his "buy" question which I couldn't even figure out, and that seemed to put the coach on higher alert than he was starting off. 
[...]
Now if you want to see and hear an engaged Harbaugh, check out his Detroit News interview on Tuesday surrounding his first-pitch appearance at the Tigers game where he offered a couple of stories about going to a baseball game at Miller Park in Milwaukee where Brad Ausmus tossed a game ball to his dad or practicing the Charlie Lau hitting approach while at Stanford with the school's baseball coach. Those are fun stories and they came as a result of some simple media questions that got Harbaugh excited to share, whcih the guy legitimately does every chance he gets.

According to charblue, Harbaugh is only smart enough to answer simple questions.  

LJ

He's like that on some radio interviews.  He was on one shortly after his hire (maybe Rich Eisen) and it was just brutal, despite the home-field atmosphere.  My attitude: who cares.

Hey Guys! Listen to me on the radio when I "troll" Cowherd.

Hey Guys! Listen to me on the radio when I "troll" Cowherd.

PUTTING THE BLAME ON / HATING COWHERD

Tate

Cowherd is a douche. 'Nuff said.

beedub93

I didn't listen, but I hope it made Cowherd uncomfortable as hell.

Maybe he shouldn't be such a twat - if it was awkward and painful, I'm glad Harbaugh did that to that little, wimpy cocksucker.

pkatz

Cowherd has a hard-on for Urban... while he constantly talks up the SEC and bashes the B1G, Urban is the one coach he consistently praises, even prior to last year's championship

uminks

The last time I heard the cowheard show I was on the road in CA last November and he stated that Harbaugh would never coach at Michigan. He said back then the next Michigan coach would not be Harbaugh but once Michigan fans found out they would be  very pleased with the selection.  Yeah, we did get Harbaugh and we are very pleased, and you were so wrong!

JoJo5285

Cowherd is brutalCowherd wanted no part of Harbaugh, he sabatoged that interview on purpose right from the beggining

Soup89

If Cowherd was a Harbs fan why didn't he end that interview with some class instead of being a giant baby!  Really Colin, "I'm trying to get you to sell Michigan"!  Harbs was selling Michigan- no BS!  What was he supposed to say?  "Come to Michigan kids!"  

Just Cowturd doing his thing.

ford_428cj

Fuck Cowherd - that annoying rat bastard

Is this That Team's Savior?

Is the Shirtless One That Team's Savior?  

ACCEPTING THE TRUTH

Denard Woodson

Painful I was hoping to hear something fun or interesting.

That was just painful. Not sue why JH wouldn't answer any questions with more than one word.

That didn't sound good at all.

BroadShouldersBlue

Cowherd is obviously a douche, but I don't think Harbaugh should have done the interview. If I'm watching/listening to the show, JH comes off as kind of a prick...

JH comes off like a moody a-hole. I dunno, I guess I'm happy he made Cowherd uncomfortable but I don't really see a net positive.

They said the questions would be "simple".

They said the questions would be "simple".

wolverine1987

Harbaugh is just a bad interview, let's face it.

That takes nothing away from him as a coach obviously, but although I and most people aren't Cowherd fans, this is far from the first time that Harbaugh seems on another planet from his interviewer. I think Harbaugh lives in his own world and can't even relate to some of the media questions he gets.

Raised Maize 2

Honestly...no matter what your opinion is of Cowherd, he tried everything to make that interview work.

ChicagoBigHouse

I would rather Harbaugh didn't do interviews than come across like this. It's not helping anything.

TyTrain32

Yeah, what Harbaugh just did was a Dantonio move, no thanks Coach...

Jeff09

Could Harbaugh / should Harbaugh have given a better interview? Yes. Do you have to take the bad with the good with Harbaugh? Also yes.

We shouldn't be talking out of both sides of our mouths about this one. Harbaugh is going to Harbaugh really hard, at all times, and we're all just going to have to learn how to live with that.

LINKING TO ELEVEN WARRIORS (ROSY CHEEKS)

dbrhee

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-football/2014/12/46659/co...

Was I just on the radio?

Was I just on the radio?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 50 Comments