Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Pool Boy Blacklist

0 HS
osu07asu10's picture
May 28, 2015 at 9:19am
143 Comments

Some may know some may not, but I bought a home last year and have been going through a complete demo/renovation of it. The saving grace was that it came with a fairly pristine in ground pool, we never wanted it but however that saying goes....when life hands you a massive hole in the ground fill it with water and put chlorine tablets in it.

Long story short, I wasn't real satisfied with the current company servicing the pool. When closing it last year, they released the water from the sand filter without caring to check that it wasn't sitting over a drain and dumped a few hundred gallons of water into our utility room. I wasn't pleased, and the owner wasn't pleased with my reaction so it was pretty evident we were going to mutually part ways.

Fast forward to this spring. I bought a new energy star pump for the pool and need that installed along with the opening of the pool (more of a warranty thing than an ability issue). I was lazy and waited until last week to call new companies.

I called every pool company in Central Ohio, roughly half of them said they don't work on pools they didn't install, a quarter of them said they aren't taking new clients, and the other quarter didn't answer the phone.

I joked with Mrs. 07/10 that we got put on a "poolboy blacklist" of some sorts because nobody will help us. Finally, this morning a company calls me back and starts interrogating who used to work on my pool, lectures me that it is unusual to switch, and wants to know why I am seeking to switch.

I'm getting a feeling that I'm going to get nailed by the poolboy blacklist again when he asks me my address:

"123 Main Stre..."

"123 Main Street???"

"Yes"

"Oh, no shit!! I swam in that pool when I was a little kid. All the way up the hill, last house on the right. Got the utility room right off the garage, pump filter off to the left..."

"That's the one"

"That's great, that's crazy. My boy Ronnie used to live there, guy was born with his arms backwards, cool guy though. Hey I've got a truck that will be out there tomorrow, we'll fit you in"

So, Ronnie with your arms born backwards, thank you sir for trumping the poolboy black list. My man! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 143 Comments