Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

American Sniper ***Possible Spoiler Alert For Those That Have Not Seen This Movie Yet!

0 HS
awlinBrutus's picture
May 23, 2015 at 9:03am
37 Comments

just watched it last night. it was killing me waiting till the price dropped from 21.99  finally to the regular 3.99 on demand for movies. btw I went back 3 pages looking for a previous thread on this movie.

There was several moments in the movie that kind of summed up our war against terrorism and war in general. I served in the Navy 81-85, my ex is a retired senior chief, my father and his 3 brothers all served and my son is currently a E4 in the air force. he has deployed to Afghanistan twice and dubais once. I'll be turning 55 this November and my outlook on issues have evolved over the years differently. Chris Kyle was portrayed as a bad ass warrior. Dude had ice water in his veins. I think he is a true American hero because he fought for his country and his brothers. Yet I kind of lament the fact we are sending our young men to kill other human beings. 20 years ago that thought would have never occurred to me that these young men have to answer for what "we" are sending them out to do. that was one of the things I think the movie was trying to bring to the forefront. the damage to our brave young sons physically and mentally and the fact that these nut job extremist will never go away unless we exterminate them. the last scene where they had to call in the airstrike to retreat kind of left me with the feeling that these wacko's will never stop while they are still breathing.

Was just wondering what others took away from the movie. Again what I took away from it was: 1) are we right in asking our brave young sons to take lives on our behalf? 2) these terrorists will never stop while they are alive.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 37 Comments