Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

My Weber grill is on its last legs

0 HS
northwoods buckeye's picture
May 14, 2015 at 1:25pm
68 Comments

Literally- the hardware on the legs is rusted, the charcoal grate is warped, and the vents are loose and aren't really controlling the airflow anymore. It's served me well for years, but the cost of replacing all the parts is getting close to the new grill range. So, I've been looking at getting a new one. Here's the options:

1. New Weber

2. Traeger wood pellet grill.

3. Big Green Egg (kamado ceramic grill)

i'm intrigued by #2, even though it's pricey. It maintains a steady temperature with real wood pellets with little fussing, but I am concerned if it can properly sear a steak. #3 is interesting because it can get to a high temperature for searing, but maintains a steady temperature because of the ceramic lining, and doesn't use a lot of charcoal.

Any thoughts on these or other charcoal grills? I also have a large offset smoker, so I don't necessarily need something with lots of surface area for parties. Gas grills are the tools of the devil, and I grill in negative temperatures in the winter, if that helps.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 68 Comments