Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Passing Electrical Inspection This Week!

0 HS
osu07asu10's picture
April 13, 2015 at 12:34pm
56 Comments

I bought a house in old Dublin last July and have been going through a complete renovation. I have posted pictures from time to time but basically we gutted the entire house and started over, including electrical.

Now, I can run line, re-wires, change out switches, outlets, light fixtures, add a breaker etc. I won't do my own panel, or a whole house re-wire.

I contracted it out so I could pass code and sleep soundly at night knowing the place isn't in danger of going up like a book of matches. Anyhow, long story short, they finished the job in October and I failed electrical inspection due to the new panel being obstructed by the pool pump and filter.

Due to a laughable amount of codes that were involved (distance from meter, distance from service entry, length of ground wire, # of grounding rods, resistance, etc) the contractor had no choice but 1 wall in my house to put the panel, and it was obstructed.

For the last 5 months, I've been working through the various issues with the City of Dublin to resolve the inspectors concerns and pass inspection. The last remaining piece of the puzzle was to disconnect the filter and pump and " relocate " them to an area no obstructing the panel. That has been done. 

Hopefully on Friday I'll get a clean bill of health, I can finally take down the ugly violation in my front window (it feels like a Scarlet letter) and truly enjoy the spring game weekend!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 56 Comments