Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Motorcyclist's behavior, I'm confused

0 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture
April 2, 2015 at 10:39am
107 Comments

First off, I don't have a motorcycle (I had a moped in my youth), and as the bumper sticker says "It's a Jeep thing, you just don't understand"....maybe I'd feel different if I rode.

Since the weather has broken, the choppers are out, and seeing the bike riders brought back my questions of why they do some of the things they do.

Why do Bikers wave to other bikers when they pass them on the road?  They don't know the other riders, the other riders may be felons, asshats, perverts or 1%ers.  Bikers don't wave at Bicyclists, joggers or anyone else driving a motorized vehicle.  Is it like a secret Masonic handshake?

Why do some bikes rev their engines while idling at traffic lights, or when coasting down the road and they get near a spot where people are outside?  Am I safe to assume it is an attention getting tick?

Why do some bikers feel the need to have such loud bikes that I can't hear a conversation, as they pass by?  I live in the country and sometimes I can hear motorcycles going down the road over 3 miles away?

Why do bikers like to take "country drives", and when on these cruises crank up their radios and have super noisy engines, completely ruining the tranquil environment they are cruising to see?

Last but not least, why do bikers feel the need to ride side by side down the highway, with the outside rider often having his foot pegs on the yellow line?

Sorry for rant, just looking for some clarification, to help my confusion.  I don't dislike Bikers, a have quite a few friends that ride, but some of their actions, while riding,I find highly annoying.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 107 Comments