Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Story Time: I Met a Former TTUN Player On Spring Break

0 HS
HeuermanTheFireman's picture
March 22, 2015 at 10:34am
62 Comments

I just got home from Panama City Beach last night, (damn it feels good to be a gangster to wake up in my bed) and on our last night I had a pretty cool experience.

I decided to bust out a suit because I enjoy dressing up and the girls we were staying with were wearing dresses- A rather large fellow walked up to me (6'3-6'4 at a minimum). I believe he complimented my on how well dresses I was and proceed to ask where I was from. In a genuine, non-weird way, I shall add. 

After I told him I attend tOSU, he bent down (I am 6 foot to show how big he was) to reveal a hat that said something about Bo Schembechler. I immediately knew he played and I asked him who he was. He didn't want to tell me at first.

We began talking for a while, and I quickly realized he was a great guy, as nice of a person as I have met. Very personable, and fun to be around (he even had a pretty decent handshake with the bartender). We talked about the rivalry, and how we both wished for games in the future that would restore the luster back to our beloved rivalry.

We talked further about what we do, and our plans for the future. He offered me a shot, to which I never refuse (we are both whisky guys). We toasted to a restored rivalry and a new friendship. After the first shot, he made sure to let me know that he knocked it back quicker. I had the barkeep pour us one more shot each ( I can't let myself be in shot debt to a MMan). I put Buckeye Nation on my back and knocked back the next shot faster than he ( and you best believe I talked a little trash).

He gave me his name and number, (because we have similar business interests) and you never know where networking can take you. Now that I am home I have verified who he is. Out of respect for my new pal I won't reveal who it was, but I will say he was drafted fairly high. 

TL;DR- I met a former TTUN player on spring break. He turned out to be a really cool, humble guy and we tied our shot race 1-1.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 62 Comments