Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

A Race/Event for Those Who Don't/Can't Run 50 Miles

0 HS
NewPhilaFan's picture
March 21, 2015 at 5:08pm
9 Comments

I was working in Edmonton a few years ago and I read about a race that many on here may enjoy if you are ever in that city.  Each year in October, there is a neighborhood race that involves a six pack of beer and five laps of one kilometer each around the neighborhood.

When the gun goes off, you drink a beer.  That now has your attention, I bet.  Then you run a lap.  Then a beer and a lap.  Another beer and a lap.  Another beer and a lap.  And finally another beer and a lap.  If you are keeping count, you still have a beer remaining.  Yes, you must drink that.

Now you would think that the race is over after finishing the final beer.  However, the first person finished is not declared the winner for another 30 minutes as you must keep the beer in your tummy.

Some competitors are great runners but lousy beer drinkers.  Others are world class beer drinkers and terrible runners, maybe a correlation here.  To win this event you must be multi-talented - good at both running, beer drinking, and keeping the beer in the stomach.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 9 Comments