Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Quit your day job or...

0 HS
hit_the_couch's picture
March 13, 2015 at 4:16am
32 Comments

Anyone have an epic quit their job or something else short story?

Nothing too fancy here. I was a career dead end job worker till recently and had amassed a nice small collection of name tags, some hairnets, hats and shirts that were deducted from my first paycheck for my convenience.

I just got out of the army and took the first job I could find, which was doing oil and tire changes. Some times it got technical, and I had to change the occasional headlight or turn signal bulb. As you can see. the job had challenges, but I made it through...a whole 2 months. 

For some reason I always wanted to go to lunch and just not come back to work. This time I made it happen. I asked my boss to go to lunch, left, picked up a box of Pizza Hut boneless wings and a case of Miller Lite on the way home. I never made it back, but at least I did actually go eat lunch. Spent the rest of the night getting drunk and thinking about the dead end job I had lined up for Monday and how long I would stay there.

Years later, I now have upgraded to a much better job where my name is actually embroidered on my shirt and won't be quitting. Like I said nothing too fancy here, so that's where you guys come in something like the old "Choose Your Own Adventure" books (not really sure if that works).       

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 32 Comments