Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Do You Have A Friend You Argue Buckeyes vs ??? Football With?

0 HS
ohioscott's picture
March 11, 2015 at 9:58am
34 Comments

Just wondering if you have any friends or coworkers who are Buckeye haters and they either argue the merits of their team or continually trash Ohio State?

One of my best friends has lived here since he was 5, but was born in Pittsburgh and has all his family there. His mom and dad moved back years ago as well. He is a huge Penn St and Steeler fan. He is also a Pitt Panther, Penguin, and Pirate fan. Basically Penn State and anything Pittsburgh. He even argues about restaurants like Primanti's, Fat Heads, Union Pig, Tessaro's, ect. all being better then anything crappy Columbus has to offer.

He trashes anything Buckeye, Columbus, and Ohio. I have always hounded him with the standard line, "why don't you get out of Ohio and move back to Pittsburgh". He married a Buckeye girl and his mother in-law lives with him (HA!).

Every Buckeye win is a "fix" and the referees cheat for OSU. In his mind the Buckeyes are the media darlings and the networks "help" them win because of money. He has called me to gloat on every BCS loss, and controversies like tat-gate and Maurice Clarett. He loves to argue the whole JoePa vs Woody thing. The Tony Dorsett was better then Archie thing. Even the whole Penn State molestation episode he defended as "blown up" and "a farce". 

He really gets angry at me when I ask him where Jack Lambert is from...he has a "58" tattooed on his leg and named his son Lambert. I also will randomly call him with a trivia question and ask him where Roethlisberger was born.

He is a royal pain in the ass, but I love the dude. He is a walking encyclopedia of sports, movies, and music. He is the kind of friend you can count on to help you move, give you $1000 if you needed it, and show up at the ER at 4 AM.

The best thing is, he has been real silent since the Wisconsin game :-)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 34 Comments