Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Tough Breaks & Tragic Losses

0 HS
Habu71's picture
March 7, 2015 at 5:48pm
59 Comments

Being reminded on Mike & Mike this week of the tragic passing of Loyola Marymount star Hank Gathers (25 years ago), it got me thinking. There are so many stories or instances of athletes never getting the chance to live out their athletic dreams. Some due to injury, some bad decisions and others tragically to untimely death. Some of the names are widely known, while some only you may recall. This season we lost Kosta, while several other players were temporarily sidelined due to injury or other. Regardless of the circumstances that caused their outcome, we as fans remember their good, great, and promising moments. Is there one name that stands out to you? One player or person that for whatever reason, you wanted to see more of on the court, field, pitch, or other. Mine would be without question Len Bias. Having followed his career at Maryland, I just knew he was destined for greatness in the NBA. While knowing that the loss of his life is the greatest tragedy, and one his family and friends can't replace, I somewhat selfishly just wanted to him play. What about you?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 59 Comments