Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

For any current or former musicians….

0 HS
Ludwig Yards's picture
March 4, 2015 at 12:54pm
25 Comments

Came across an old set list scrawled on a piece of paper and got a little reflective. I’m curious to hear about the first, best, or most favorite band you’ve ever been in….when it was, what instrument you play(ed), and what genre of music the group played, etc. Interested to see the responses.

Myself, I did the college garage-type band thing in a punk-metal outfit from about 1987-1990. I was the vocalist, mostly because I didn’t know how to play an instrument and didn’t really have the patience to learn, but I wasn’t too bad for what I was singing. We called ourselves Acid Tongue, and Acid Tongued Devils. Usually played house parties (and mostly at our houses) but did play on High St. a couple times and at several central Ohio bars. Played a LOT of Ramones, Acid, Flipper, Teenage Head, Social Distortion, Circle Jerks, Stiff Little Fingers, Dead Kennedys, and more punkified and/or metal versions of The Knack, Cheap Trick, Joan Jett, ACDC (TNT in particular), and others I’m sure I don’t remember. Have never really done anything musical again since but that sure was some of the most fun I’ve ever had, and ever will.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments